Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > freezes after reading vin, or fails gett...
freezes after reading vin, or fails getting carconfig Chrysler/GM

3286 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: 2016-03-28 06:24:19

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    usaimportservice
    2016-02-27 10:41:57
    Hi,

on our maxisys mini we have the problem, e.g.:

after reading the VIN  from Chrysler vehicles, waht it did correctly, it asks me now for the model year where the software crashes!
    If i go manual to the vehicle it works.

when i try to read a GM vehicle the problem is after reading the vin it trys to get the config and that fails, so i also have to get the vehicle manually....

any idea waht it can be?

Abo is fresh, software updates are done, but same reaction....

regards

Klaus

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2016-02-28 13:57:37 (Reply to:usaimportservice)

Did you back up prev versions? Always back up software before installing new software. Did this happen after an update? Is it only gm and Chrysler that you are having problems with? Are you using the auto vin read tab? It is known to not work on older vehicles.  Try going to the gm app and then try reading vin. Any error codes? My software is from aug 15 so I do not have any current updates to compare to. Any one else having this issue?

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-02-29 07:14:17 (Reply to:usaimportservice)

Hello, could you please provide us the two vehicles detailed information, like model, year and VIN code? If possible, could you please collect the datalog for our analysis?

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    usaimportservice
    2016-02-29 10:50:23 (Reply to:Support02)
     i will  do so tomorrow.

there was no upadate done to get the software stuck, i did the update and hoped that it will be fixed with it.... but it doesn't.

we do most RAMs, i had 3 different 2015 and 2016 cars, no older ones with the failure on VIN reading ....

the GM was a 2011 Camaro Callaway.... 

regards,

Klaus

•   Level 5   
    (275) points
    jbrheaume

2016-02-29 16:22:24 (Reply to:usaimportservice)

having same issue. will send data log.

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-03-01 05:55:21 (Reply to:usaimportservice)

Hello Klaus, thanks. but I haven't located your datalog in our system. Is it sent from V08G40301530?

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-03-01 05:56:12 (Reply to:jbrheaume)

Once sent it, could you please inform me so we can ask engineer to check it firstly? Thanks.

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    usaimportservice
    2016-03-10 10:38:54
     Hi,

i'm trying to make the data logging, but at the app crashes so brutal, that the logging also is aborted... 

thats how it goes (nearly every manufacturer)

tab on Chrysler
    Read VIN
    VIN is recognized correctly
    ---> getting vehicle data 
    --> it goes to a screen, where i have to select the model year, now i have currently a 2016 and have to chenge the page, if i try this, or if i even touch the screen the hole app FREEZES !!!!!!!! android says after a while if i want to wait or close it....

when i wait the app turns black and closes it self.

thats waht happens to every manufacturer i tried, or it says after VIN decoding, that the model or function is NOT support, but that was on cars which worked well!!!!!! 

so what the hell can i do? 
    install the software new? but how is that working? i have no backup or you don't give the possibility to download the maxisys app??

i'm really pissed of that, i just bought the new abo to get the software upto date and working with it becomes harder or impossible! as this stays so i want my money back!

regards

klaus

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-03-11 03:46:49 (Reply to:usaimportservice)

What's your system version? Please go to the following two places to check it:
    System Setting->About Tablet
    Maxisys->About

Could you please take the two pictures to support@autel.com? I think it is the system problem, not vehicle software. I will help you out.

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    usaimportservice
    2016-03-11 11:24:47 (Reply to:Support02)
     HI,

just send you the pictures via mail.

regards

klaus
  Total2 Pages